Coaches and their teams from Connecticut and Massachusetts are invited to the Spartan Invitational Outdoor Track and Field Meet starting at 1:00pm on Saturday, May 11, 2013. The meet is open to Connecticut and Massachusetts coaches and their high school age athletes competing for their high school team. There is a CIAC Border sanction for Massachusetts.
The meet will be held on Shepaug Valley High School’s recently built six lane rubber track (8 lane straightaway). The track is perfect for fast qualifying times for conference, state or major invitational meets. Spikes are limited to ¼ pyramids.
Fully automatic timing and results provided by Fast Track Timing LLC.
- 1:00PM – Field Events
- 1:30PM – Coaches Meeting
- 2:00PM – Meet Start
Entry Procedures and Limits:
- All meet registration is administered by EZ Meet Services in conjunction with NSSF Head Count Event registration services.
- Each School may only enter 4 athletes per event.
- Athletes may compete in 3 events; no boy/girl may be entered in more than three (3) events, including relays. Entry as an alternate counts as one of the athlete's three (3) events.
- Only 2 relay teams per event, an A and B team.
- There are no late entries or day of meet entries.
- Head Count Online Event Entry for Boys and Girls available at 04/8/2013.
- Coaches interested in attending the meet are encouraged to complete the ONLINE Intent to Enter form by 9:00pm Eastern, Monday May 6, 2013.
- Deadline for Head Count Event entry is 9:00pm Eastern, Wednesday, May 8, 2013.
- Entry fees are charged for entering the meet. You owe the entry fee as detailed below for all entries made online. There are No Refunds for scratches or no shows.
Entry Fees - Checks:
- The entry fee is $15.00 for an individual competitor.
- The entry fee for an individual relay team is $20.00.
- The entry fee for each Boys or Girls team entered is $125.00 or $200.00 for each school consisting of a boys and girls team.
Make check payable to: Shepaug Valley High School
and mail to:
Attn: Michael Hall
Head Girls Track & Field Coach
Shepaug Valley High School
159 South Street
Washington, Connecticut 06793
Coaches, please pay special attention to the following:
- To insure a fair and quality meet, NHFS and CIAC rules will govern all events.
- The meet is open to all high school age athletes competing with their high school team.
- Coaches and athletes will be asked to stay away from the finish line as there will be FAT system in use.
Implement Check: All implements must be checked in by an inspector prior to use in the meet. Violators will be disqualified for using implements that have not passed meet inspection.
- The first place finishers in each event will receive t-shirts.
- An Athletic Trainer is NOT available during meet.
159 South Street
Washington, CT 06793
Meet Admin Services: firstname.lastname@example.org