Coaches are invited by honorary Meet Director Lindy Remigino and Meet Director Ron Knapp to register their team and athletes in the 40th Lindy J Remigino Outdoor Track and Field Invitational that starts at 9:30am on Saturday, May 7th, 2011 at Veterans Stadium in Willowbrook Park in New Britain CT. The former Hartford Public High School Outdoor Track and Field Invite meet proudly assumes the name of meet founder Lindy J. Remigino; the two-time Olympic Gold Medalist, former HPHS coach and current honorary meet director.
This NFHS Sanctioned meet is open to all high school age athletes competing with their high school team from Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode, Vermont and Virginia.
The 40th Lindy J. Remigino Outdoor Track and Field Invitational has contracted with NorthEast Sports Timing Service to provide the highest quality timing and results services.
This meet is considered by many to be one of the largest and most outstanding on the East Coast. It has consistently produced athletes who have gone on to compete and gain recognition in the Golden West and National Interscholastic track meets held annually for outstanding high school track stars throughout the United States.
The featured performances at the 2010 meet included the triple meet records by Melissa Kurzdorfer of Lancaster NY in the Shot Put (49'9.5"), Discus Throw (159'8") and Hammer Throw (192'8"). Some of the many memorable performances included the Mens' 2-Mile as Chris Bendtsen of Wolcott CT edged John Murray of Shrewsbury MA at the line in 9:13.29 to 9:13.68; Sydnee Over of Windsor CT set a new state record in 400m (54.77) while Chris Rose of Classical Magnet CT lead top six under 50-sec mark at 48.50; Francis Hernandez of Bishop Guertin NH won the Larry C Amann Mens 1-Mile Run in 4:09.21 to lead the top seven runners under the 4:20 mark; AJ Guerra of Woodstock Academy CT won Hammer Throw with a heave of 211'2" to win and establish a new State record; State record holder Lindsay Crevoiserat of Glastonbury CT won 1-Mile Run in 4:57.05 and later dueled with winner Lizzie Predmore of Shenendehowa NY in the Women's 2-Mile Run 10:41.00 to 10:48.04 .
Please note the following dates and notes for the meet this year that are explained in detail on the Meet Information page at the meet website: 40th Lindy J Remigino Outdoor Track and Field Invitational
· ONLY COACHES can register their teams/athletes in Head Count.
- Although the Online Intent to Enter Deadline is 3pm Eastern, Friday, April 15, 2011 in order to meet the NFHS sanctioning rules, we will still accept your Intent to Enter after that date. We will provide updates to the NFHS office as new schools are registered.
- Coaches are required to sign and submit a completed Intent to Enter Form prior to the start of the meet since meet management has contracted with USATF for Certificate of Liability Insurance. In signing and submitting the Intent to Enter with payment, the Coach releases the meet organizers, volunteers and officials, and USATF from claims for any and all damages. Coaches should bring the completed/signed Intent to Enter form with them to the meet to provide during team check-in.
- Online Head Count Athlete Event Entry Deadline: 6pm Eastern, Sunday, May 1, 2011.
- Entry Fees and a copy of your Head Count Registration Email Confirmation or Success Complete page are due by postal mail, FedEx, UPS by midnight on Wednesday, May 4, 2011. However, since all Entry Fee Balances MUST be reconciled before the start of the meet in order for a team to compete, cash, personal and school checks are tolerated prior to the start of the meet.
- Entry Fee: Meet management recognizes your participation is valuable in these times of economical stress so as a measure of our appreciation the meet fees have not increased from the previous year. This meet is run without sponsorship so we continue to rely on the timely receipt of entry fees to run the meet. Please review the Meet Information for entry fee payment options that require all payments are made prior to the start of the meet to insure participation.
Also, look for the Meet Officials Sign-up form online at the meet website since we welcome returning and new officials!
We hope that you can join us at the meet this year!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
Thank you for your time,
Ron Knapp, Meet Director, 40th Lindy J Remigino Outdoor Track and Field InvitationalLindy Remigino, Honorary Meet Director